Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Let Me Show You How to Lose Weight Fast and EasySo, the new year celebrations have come and gone, and it’s time to start shaking off the extra pounds that we brought with us… This seems to be the story of my life, more so since I became a mum. I won’t be round and down for the remainder of 2019… ohhh no neither should you, let me share with you how to lose weight fast and easy.
I Love My Hips, But…Don’t get me wrong; a little extra padding on the hips is a small price to pay for having the best job in the world, but I’d take my dream body and my family if someone offered me the choice. Well, I’ve decided that I’m not going to wait to be offered the choice anymore; I’m going to make it happen. That’s right! You heard me and it’s now out there in the ether; I will love my body and my role as a mum, this year, and it starts with losing the extra weight I gained over Christmas. Are you with me?
Holiday weight gain; a tale as old as timeTell anyone you have gained weight over Christmas and everyone, definitely, any woman, will chime in with nods, groans, and sighs, generally in agreement! We all know it happens, it happens to all of us, and, better still, we all know why it happens. Eat too much, drink too much, and walk too little at this time of year. It’s that simple, no-one can, or would, deny it.
So, why don’t we simply stop?That’s the question; just put down the cake and wine, mama, it’s that easy and that hard. And yet here we are again; all of us just a little cuddlier than we were a couple of month ago. Never mind, though, because my mind has been busy lately; I’ve done some research, and I’m sure we can shift that extra weight in two months or less with will power an a little sister support!
Mummy Cool… Loose Weight in StyleThere’s more than a Boney M song reference in that title, by the way, because apparently cold is a great way to tone your physique. Ice baths, ice water, wild swimming, and sleeping naked are all meant to be great ways to manage and lose weight because they make your body work harder to regulate your temperature…
With that said, though, I think I’d rather take drinking ice water and sleeping naked than ice baths and wild swimming.Here are a few quick and easy things you can do to wash away the extra pounds (tested by yours truly, and found useful);
- Form A Routine, or add to the one you have. We mums can’t really afford to not have a routine, but the trick is slotting a few things for yourself in there, too.
- I found a pint glass of water, some multi-vitamins, and ten squats first thing in the morning, ten squats at lunch, and a pint glass of water and ten squats at night to be the most manageable and effective routine.
- Various studies have show that being hydrate reduces bloating, water retention, headaches, and cravings, and even small amounts of exercise can add up.
- After about two weeks I noticed I felt and looked better, concerns of weight loss aside; my skin and hair looked better, and I felt less bloated.
- Drop ‘White’ Carbs; I know, I know, you don’t want a fad diet, but I’m not suggesting you cut all bread and chips forever!
- I’m simply telling you that when I started swapping ‘white carbs’ like bread, white potatoes, white rice, and white pasta for sweet potatoes, wild rice, wholegrain bread, and wholegrain pasta, I noticed a difference.
- I was less bloated, livelier, and my waist looked slimmer after a while.
- Buy Smaller Plates; portion control is without a doubt the biggest problem for me, and I’m sure I’m not alone in this fact.
- You can buy fancy portion control plates, but there’s a simpler way to do it; just eat from the same plates you would give your kids, make sure half of the plate is non-starchy vegetables (no potatoes do not count, sorry!), and split the rest of the space between meat and carbs.
- Though, to be honest, I have a few nights a week where my plate is just vegetables and meat; I’d much rather have chicken than chips, but that’s just me.
- Clear The Cupboards; this one is a toughie, because it requires getting your whole family on board.
- If you can, however, it’s also one of the best ways to stop yourself from slipping up!
- Clear the cupboards of all junk food; no crisps, no biscuits, no chocolates. Keep a few cereal bars with chocolate chips, if you want, for treats.
- But otherwise run a health-conscious household until you’re in the habit of healthy living.
- Exercise; I know you were hoping to not see this one here, but it is necessary.
- I lost a few pounds just changing my diet, but the truth is that you have to put the work in if you want to improve your shape and health as opposed to just shedding fat.
- Getting squats into your daily routine is a start, but once you’ve got that down it’s time to think bigger.
- If you can get a personal trainer once a fortnight or month and join a gym. If that’s just not possible, spend a little Christmas money on a Pilates or yoga DVD.
- If you lack the space and funds for either, a light jog by yourself (or with the dog, if you have one) once every other day is a good place to start.